- The Initiative
- Become a member
- Days of German Manufactories
When the Glashütte Lamberts glass manufactory was founded in the Upper Palatinate in 1934, this German region had already nurtured a rich glassmaking tradition for many centuries, but most glass manufactories were forced to close down during the Industrial Revolution. Today, there are only three glass manufactories left worldwide, and Glashütte Lamberts, the last of its kind in Germany, is proud to be leading in the world.
The Glashütte Lamberts manufactory has always worked with and refined traditional, centuries-old artisan processes. This is one of the reasons for the outstanding quality of its products, as industrial production is simply unable to achieve equivalent brilliance. LambertsGlas® is used in architectural, design and restoration projects. Glashütte Lamberts has been awarded a range of prizes, including the Heritage Gold Medal 2008 for its contribution to European heritage conservation.
The Glashütte Lamberts manufactory has supplied glass to prestigious clients such as internationally renowned architect Sir Norman Foster and artist Olafur Eliasson, and its products can be found in cosmopolitan cities around the world, for example in Eliasson’s Wirbelwerk sculpture in the Munich Lenbachhaus, in the glass ceiling and columns of Kaohsiung Main Station in Taiwan, and the mouth-blown restauro® window panes of the Dresden Frauenkirche (Church of Our Lady).
Product: Strollers and accessories
Product: High-end audio systems
Product: Silk flowers
Product: Table and bed linen
Product: Glass Location: Waldsassen Since: 1906
Product: Pens, pencils & accessoires
Location: Stein bei Nürnberg
Product: Ceramic figures
Product: Equestrian sports products
Product: Custom-made shoes
Product: Soap products
Product: Exclusive porcelain pieces
Product: Glass cups
Product: Table- and bed linen
Product: Surface Design
Product: Guitars and Basses
Product: Designer wallpapers